Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bitter Sweet!

Well, I just spent this past week up at girls camp for the last time. I was released from my calling as Young Women's President today. It has been three years this time around. Last time it was four years. That means that 7 of the last 9 years that I have lived here I have been in Young Women. I am happy yet sad at the same time. I have really grown to love this group of girls and really thought I was ready to be released. Now that the time is here, I am having very mixed emotions. I am sure that the new YW President will do a great job and the girls will really like having her as their leader. I am also sure that I will not be sitting idle for to long. I anticipate that I will be given a new calling sometime in the very near future. That is one of the things I love most about our church. We often have opportunities to serve in a number of different organizations. We are so blessed and so lucky. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is TRUE!!!!!

3 comments:

Kimbie said...

I forgot you were YWP again. Are you guys coming down? The scrapblog website is working on being able to print the pages. I can export them as a JPEG though and print them that way, but it cuts off the sides. I have to figure out how to shrink them.

Angela said...

Isn't that how it goes, you miss it once it's gone. Okay thats not entirely true, I don't miss primary after 7 years of it. I guess my name came up for a young woman leader but our bishop said no way, I was supposed to be in Scouts. Maybe some day I will get a turn in the YW.

Trista and Peter said...

YW is one of my favorite callings ever. Ang- you would be really good in YW. Someday when the Lord wants you there you will get the chance. I am coming down with the kids. We will leave here Friday the 1st of Aug. in the morning (hopefully) so we should arrive either late Friday night or early Sat. morning.


Starting Point

Down 53 pounds

My Journey

Part of my journey to getting pregnant requires that I lose weight. I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), among several other things. PCOS makes it very difficult to get pregnant. One of the issues is that the PCOS makes it difficult, almost impossible, to lose weight, but at the same time, the only way to fix it is to lose weight to get your hormones balanced out.

After 4 months, I have decided to post my progress on my blog rather than waiting to lose all of the weight before sharing my journey with others. It has been an emotional journey, but one that is well worth the end result. When I have days that make me want to give up, I remind myself that the hope of bearing a child is why I am doing all of this, and that seems to get me through one more day.

I have posted my beginning weight below and then the most recent picture that we have taken when I am down about 53 pounds. I was actually down 62 pounds, but have gained
a couple back the last week or so with the holidays.

I hope by sharing this with you, I am able to stay more accountable to myself and to others so that I can achieve my goal.

Thanks for sharing the journey!!!

Soul Touch Massage and Energy Healing's Fan Box

My Playlist