Sunday, June 22, 2008
Can anyone say FIRE?
So get this. Yesterday Peter decided to teach Jaysen about electricity and how things work. He gave him a small light bulb out of an old flash light, some wires, and two "D" batteries. He showed Jaysen how to connect it all together to make the light bulb turn on. Peter says he told Jaysen not to leave them connected all of the time because it is dangerous. So we all go to bed last night and when I woke up this morning Jaysen proceeds to tell me that he has something he needs to show me. He hands me his light bulb attached to the two batteries and all of the wires properly connected. Then he says, "Ummm, mom I put this under my pillow last night and something happened." He proceeds to lift up his pillows to expose a burn mark on his brand new mattress that is about the size of a grapefruit and several burn marks on a couple of different pillows about the same size. I don't know whether to be more upset with Jaysen or with Peter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Starting Point
Down 53 pounds
My Journey
Part of my journey to getting pregnant requires that I lose weight. I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), among several other things. PCOS makes it very difficult to get pregnant. One of the issues is that the PCOS makes it difficult, almost impossible, to lose weight, but at the same time, the only way to fix it is to lose weight to get your hormones balanced out.
After 4 months, I have decided to post my progress on my blog rather than waiting to lose all of the weight before sharing my journey with others. It has been an emotional journey, but one that is well worth the end result. When I have days that make me want to give up, I remind myself that the hope of bearing a child is why I am doing all of this, and that seems to get me through one more day.
I have posted my beginning weight below and then the most recent picture that we have taken when I am down about 53 pounds. I was actually down 62 pounds, but have gained
a couple back the last week or so with the holidays.
I hope by sharing this with you, I am able to stay more accountable to myself and to others so that I can achieve my goal.
Thanks for sharing the journey!!!
After 4 months, I have decided to post my progress on my blog rather than waiting to lose all of the weight before sharing my journey with others. It has been an emotional journey, but one that is well worth the end result. When I have days that make me want to give up, I remind myself that the hope of bearing a child is why I am doing all of this, and that seems to get me through one more day.
I have posted my beginning weight below and then the most recent picture that we have taken when I am down about 53 pounds. I was actually down 62 pounds, but have gained
a couple back the last week or so with the holidays.
I hope by sharing this with you, I am able to stay more accountable to myself and to others so that I can achieve my goal.
Thanks for sharing the journey!!!



2 comments:
It's a good thing he didn't burn your house down. You should probably put all your light bulb, batteries, and wire in a fire safe box, or maybe just Jaysen!
You should take pictures of the "lovely" burn marks and post them on here.
You should definitely be more mad at Peter. I would beat brad within an inch of his life if he taught my kids that so soon after the age of accountability. Way to go Pistol Pete, Usama, Pakistany Pete, or whatever we are calling him these days. Forget locking Jaysen in a fire safe box, the rest of you would still burn. You should put peter in a pumpkin shell. Wait.... Your brain has the shell on it.
Post a Comment